PSCT Venue Visits
The Public Safety Compliance Team (PSCT) is committed to working with licensees and their staff for the betterment of the hospitality industry in Edmonton.
To that end, the PSCT conducts random, unscheduled visits to all licensed establishments within the City of Edmonton to ensure compliance with regulations and provide opportunities for educating business owners and operators. Each agency within the PSCT provides specialized expertise and subsequent responsibilities.
Edmonton Police Service:
- Provides CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) evaluations and recommendations
- Reviews security plans
City of Edmonton Community Standards
- Reviews business license to ensure it is current and accurate
- Ensures adherence to a variety of municipal bylaws such as smoking, noise, waste management, and zoning
Edmonton Fire Rescue Services
- Monitors premises for Alberta Fire Code compliance
- Checks for obstructed exiting and life safety features
- Checks that occupant loads are posted and maintained
Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission (AGLC)
- Monitors licensed premises to ensure compliance with legislation and AGLC policy such as sales/service to minors, over-service, hours of service, and proper supervision
- Provides advice to licensees and their staff on legislation and policies
If any of these non-compliance conditions are found, venues may be required to immediately correct them, and further action may follows.
If you have any questions, please contact the PSCT Coordinator at 780-421-2832 or .